The kink blog is connected to the random blog is connected to the poly blog is connected to the kink blog...

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Thirty Days of Kink - Kinky People


by psd on flickr


Day 17: What misconception about kinky people would you most like to clear up?


I think any preconceived idea about "kinky people" invites someone to separate "those people" from "us"; I don't particularly like that idea.

It reminds me of the Dr. Seuss story: The Sneetches





I think some might be surprised which of their coworkers, their family members, or the "normal" looking strangers you see at the grocery, or the movies are enjoy kink. I know businessmen and women, politicians, doctors, steel workers, people on disability, mothers, daughters, hair dressers, artists, musicians, school teachers, retail employees, civil servants and people ranging from their twenties to their seventies who are kinky.

I wish people wouldn't assume that "those kinky people" fit a certain mold.

I don't.





People who read this post also read :



No comments:

Post a Comment