The kink blog is connected to the random blog is connected to the poly blog is connected to the kink blog...

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Thirty Days of Kink - Is That So Difficult?


by stevensnodgrass on flickr


Day 16: What are the most difficult aspects of having a sexuality that involves kink or BDSM for you personally?


I'm not sure I find having a sexuality that involves kink or BDSM particularly difficult.  It's not like I tell everyone I know about my sexual activities, and really, why do they need to know that I get off on pain, or on submission, or fear?  None of the girls at work talk to me about how they love it doggie-style, or on the washing machine, or to the soothing sounds of Marvin Gaye.  


That's not to say that I don't acknowledge that there's a preconceived idea about the type of person who is into BDSM.  It's why my kink blog is anonymous.  It's why when someone asks me about my weekend, I don't offer the story about what I experience at the dungeon.  It's why my Sadist always tries to make sure the bruises are well hidden.


I guess maybe the question makes me feel a bit false.  I don't struggle to keep my co-workers, or my family, or my vanilla friends out of my bedroom.  If by some chance, someone asked me about it, I'd share just as much information as they needed to satisfy their curiosity.  Of course, there are things I'm not exactly ready to share, but I do a fairly decent job of keeping my private life private.


I am not my sexuality.  
It is a part of me.  
That's not so difficult, is it?


People who read this post also read :



No comments:

Post a Comment