The kink blog is connected to the random blog is connected to the poly blog is connected to the kink blog...

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Thirty Days of Kink - Braided, Muddled, Tangled - It's All Me

by dj-dwayne on flickr


Day 27: Do your non-kink interests ever find their way into your kinky activities? If so, how?



I think so, yes, though I've never really thought about it in those terms.  I'm an eclectic sort of person, meaning that I love baubles, trinkets, bits of string and ribbon, trifles really.  I collect them and they soak up meaning, the scent and taste and sounds of my life.  

I wear handmade jewelery that incorporates skeleton keys -- because I am submissive, keys have meaning for me.  I own mine, but I give them freely when I submit.  It's symbol of my choice.  Much of my jewelry also represents my polyamory.  I wear multiple keys with only one lock... because my heart has room for many who hold the keys.

I wear a simple black, elastic band around my wrist.  It was suggested by my Sadist, Shepherd.  He's 251 miles away, and he uses it to give me pain reminders.  It represents my  kink, and his role in my BDSM lifestyle.  It feeds my need for pain, when he's not near enough to administer it.

My love of ribbons, and ropes fuels my interest in shibari, and my love of corsets and stockings, and burlesque feeds my love of lingerie, and photography.  I'm at home behind the camera, and love the sexy, artistic shots of breasts, and leather, and bums and stockings and rope and ribbons and... pardon me while I drool.

My voracious hunger to give words to my erotic fantasies, the stories and poems I write, and the effect they have on others -- these are very much me.  And I write other things too, fiction, memoir, poems about motherhood and tea and blackbirds and autumn.  

In truth, kink is a part of who I am.  

It's part of the darkness in me.  

I'm discovering who that girl is, who got set aside when the demands of motherhood took over twenty five years ago.  I'm learning now about the woman she's become apart from the domestic bliss, and the motherhood, the wife-hood.  I am chasing the heart of that girl, that woman, and discovering every day what makes her tick, and shiver, and fly.  Kink is just as much a part of that journey as poly is -- part of me that was always there beneath the surface, and is finally free to come out.  

Of course my non-kink interests and my kinks overlap. 

They are all me.  

That's what who my journey is all about. 




People who read this post also read :



No comments:

Post a Comment